What is PhoenixProject IDE ?
- A lightweight IDE (or builder) for embeded projects.
- Open Source/Free Software Project written in C++ with Qt
- Highly configurable: We can compile projects using various libraries (including Arduino)
- Easy to use: Resemble Arduino IDE. Compile -> Build -> Burn with one click
- Easy to append new microcontrollers/boards/toolchains/libraries
Why PhoenixProject IDE
- The main reason: We need it.
- We want to make our life easier when we developing embedded projects
- It’s fun and exciting to work on it
- We want to use same tool with different microcontrollers and libraries
What is not PhoenixProject IDE ?
- It is not an Arduino IDE replacement. (Even if we can compile Arduino projects/libraries)
- It is not a full-scale IDE (like Eclipse, NetBeans, VisualStudio…)
Screenshots for 0.3 version
Progress made so far
- We have completed the application layout.(Yes, it resembles somewhat Arduino IDE)
- We finalized the general structure of folders (for boards, libraries, toolchains, …)
- We decided what format to use for internal auxiliary files.
- Syntax highlighter is functional for C/C++ (not completed)
- MDI interface working (we can open built-in libraryes only in read-only mode,)
- We can compile C, C++ and ASM projects for STM32 using STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Lib_V3.5.0. (and generate HEX files)
We’re working on:
- Integrate flash tool for STM32 microcontrollers(texane-stlink,stm32flash)
- Integrate flash tool for ATmega microcontrollers (avrdude)
- Code refactoring (preparing for publishing)